Friday, May 30, 2008

Journal - Europe Trip

So I did not have time to update my previous post about Prague, so that will have to wait a while because I leave tomorrow on a three-week-long journey around parts of Europe! I have but limited time, so I will give you a summary of my plans.

I will start with a day or so in Stuttgart, Germany, then visit a friend in the nearby university town of Tubingen. After a short stay I will hurry over to Munich, Germany, for a quick visit with another friend. From there I have left my plans open, giving myself almost a week to somehow make it from Munich to Zagreb, Croatia. From there I fly to Copenhagen, Denmark. After a few days there, I will fly back to Germany and spend a few days exploring steel industry heritage sights in the Ruhr Valley (Ruhrgebeit) near Duisburg. I'll then take a train south to Freiburg, Germany, to visit yet another friend. From there I will fly to London for a couple of days before finally returning to Belfast and shortly thereafter chasing the sun home to the United States and to Portland. For those of you in the 'Burgh, I will arrive in Pittsburgh on July 2nd.

Although this is a vacation (or "holidays" as they say here), I will try to occasionally describe my progress and experiences. Now I should go, because I leave in about 6 hours and I still need to pack. Cheers!

No comments: